Writing articles can do a lot of things for your website such as acquiring traffic, giving you new leads and sales, and establishing your brand. You can get more exposure for your website or the product/service you are promoting by writing articles.
This will not happen overnight, but if you write one article a week, the number of links you can build up for your site will grow steadily. Each one of those links help you become more visible on the internet, helping your potential customer base find you rather than your competitors.
Why go through all the trouble of writing and submitting an article? Well, here are some of the benefits of submitting articles:
- Increased number of back-links to your website
- You can target different keywords and key phrases
- Get links back to your site from your article content
- Authoritative back-links – establish yourself as an authority on your product or service
- Increase traffic to your website
- Increase your search engine position
Why do we need to write and submit articles?
- Free advertising
Promoting your website by writing and submitting articles is the best way to create more visibility for your website, product or service. It is free to do and all it takes is your time to write the article. How often do you get the chance to advertise your business free of charge and at such length?
- It isn’t hard to write an article about something you know as well as your own business
Writing an article about your business is not that hard. After all, you talk about it already with your customers every time you have a conversation with them, so why not make a few notes about these conversations and then turn it into an article.
- Increase the links to your website
Once you have published your article, you will immediately gain incoming links to your site making it more visible on the web and in search engines. For example, an article about painting equipment from an artist would be considered to be highly relevant by the search engines.
- Establish yourself as an expert
Giving your opinion and views, especially when backed up by facts and figures set you up as an expert in your field.
- Articles last longer than adverts
The article you have published in directories will be around for a long time, so an article you wrote two years ago comparing the qualities of different oil paints will still be driving traffic to your website today.
- Multiple links from one article
Articles also encourage others to promote you and your website by using your article, including the link to your site, on their website or blog, which is another way to increase traffic to your site.
And did we mention that it’s free?